- Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown, web sites will explicitly ask when they need information that personally identifies you or allows them to contact you ("Personal Information"). Generally this information is requested when making reservations, joining the Priority Club® Worldwide frequent traveler program, registering for a site, when requesting a particular service, or when entering a sweepstakes or contest. When possible, Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web sites will provide you with the means to make sure that your Personal Information is correct and current.
- Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web sites and its service providers use your Personal Information to operate the sites, provide services, and to inform you of new features, services, and products. Some Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web sites may also carefully select other companies to send you information about their products or services but are not necessary to its operation (a "Secondary Use").
- If a Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web site intends to use Personal Information for a Secondary Use, Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown will provide you with the ability to decline this service.
- Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web sites may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on Six Continents Hotels, Inc. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown, or this site, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown, the site, or the public.
- If at any time you believe that a Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown web site has not adhered to these principles, please notify Holiday Inn Houston - Downtown by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
Service MarksThe following are some of the service marks owned by Six Continents Hotels, Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates: Holiday Inn®, Crowne Plaza®, Holiday Inn Express® in the Americas, Express by Holiday InnSM in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Holiday Inn Select®, Holiday Inn Garden CourtSM, Holiday Inn SunSpree® Resort, Staybridge Suites® by Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Family SuitesSM Resort , Holidex®, Priority Club®, Inter-Continental®, Forum®,and Six Continents Club®. Centra® in Canada and Mexico; CentraSM in the U.S.; ParkroyalSM in the U.S. and Canada; Parkroyal® in Mexico.
Coral Beach Hotel Dar es Salaam Privacy Statement
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are a necessity and our duty
- We have the duty of protecting personal data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or distribute your personal data
- We will not make your personal information public without your consent. Your personal information (name) will be made public only if you wish to make a comment or review on the website.
Relevant LegislationAlong with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
What Personal Information we collect and WhyHere we describe what information is collected and reasons for collecting it. The categories of information collected are as follows:
Reviews and CommentsShould you choose to add a comment or review on our site, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comments and the associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either
- Remove the comment or
- Remove the blog post.
Forms and Email Newsletter submissions on the websiteIf you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter or submit a form on our website, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to a third-party marketing platform service company. Your email address will remain within their database for as long as we continue to use the third-party marketing company’s services for the sole purpose of email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. Listed below are the pieces of information that we may collect as part of servicing requests on our website:
- Email ID
- Postal Code
- IP Address
Email linksWe only receive an email when a user mails us using an email link. There are no third-party data processors or intermediaries involved.
The data is collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
Revenue Recovery EmailsAs part of Revenue Recovery model, we work with re-marketing service companies to send notification messages if you have abandoned your cart without making a purchase. This is for the sole purpose of reminding customers to complete the purchase if they’d wish to. The re-marketing service companies do a real-time capture of your email ID and cookies to send an email invite to complete the transaction if the customer abandons the cart. However, the email ID of the customer is deleted from their database as soon as the purchase is complete.
“Do Not Sell My Data” - why we don’t have itWe do not sell personal information of our customers or of minors below the age of 16 years to third-party data collectors and hence the “Do not sell my data” opt-out button is optional on our website. Reiterating, we may collect your data for the sole purpose of completing a service request or for marketing communications. If you wish to access or erase your personal information, you can do so by submitting your details here.
Important notice for Minors sharing Personal InformationIf you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before:
- Submitting a form
- Posting a comment on our blog
- Subscribing to our offer
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
- Making a Transaction
Accessing/Deleting Personal InformationShould you wish to view or delete your personal information, please email us here with the email address used, your name and deletion request. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the bottom of this page to view and/or delete your data stored with us
Third Party Data ProcessorsWe use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above. If you request for your Personal information to be deleted with us, the request will also be forwarded to the parties below:
Essential cookies and similar technologiesThese are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example, session cookies allows a navigation experience that is consistent and optimal to user's network speed and choice of device.
Analytics cookies and similar technologiesThese collect information about your use of our websites and apps and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally, these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
Tracking, advertising cookies and similar technologiesWe use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based on your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will store details of websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites that use the same advertising networks.
Data BreachesWe will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
By entering a valid email address that you have access to, we will inform you about any personal information we collect that is associated with that email address and how to manage it.